Friday, September 7, 2007

6 am start with a 40 plus minute climb

Another ride with Steve the man I envy for retiring so early in life. He had kid duty fro 8am so we went out for a fast climb to slick downhill ride. I was beat at the top of the course man was that a climb! The sweat was pouring off my cap! We didn't have time so a phone call to get Hiro to cover Steve's kid duties in case we were late and off we rode. The first picture is of Steve dropping into the downhill course. We choose this one to link up with the old cross-country course and get a 25 minute ride.
Steve flying into the meadows 90% finished the run
The top of the meadows it was slick!

Got a nice shot from the old power line that was or wasn't built!
The view from the top before the meadows! You can see the shoulder of Goryu there and the rice paddies which will be harvested in about month. I gotta get me some fresh koshi hikari rice off of the farmers!

Great ride as always I was the slowest but Ill never give up. The hard tail is a great climbing bike but it isn't the same on the Downhill. Lots of sliding and the mechanical disk brakes aren't as nice as the hydraulic ones that are on my Downhill bike. Same time tomorrow I hope if we don't get too drunk.

No comments: